• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk licence issue

P

PaulRose

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me here.

I have a server with Fasthosts (which I now believe to be the worst hosting company in the world) - recently I clicked update in Plesk to updated from Plesk 9.3 to Plesk 9.5.

On servers I have ran before this has gone smoothly - no issues what so ever. Seamless. My license key updated its self to the correct version. Fasthosts doesn't do this. Apparently, they provide me with a license for 9.3 only, not 9.5. Despite me asking them to upgrade my license, which I assume would be free, they say this isn't possible.

Can anybody help me here? It has effectively rendered my server unusable. How can I downgrade to 9.3?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks.

TIP: Stay away from Fasthosts. They are horrible.

Downgrade is very-very complex procedure and can be performed only by Parallels support team as Professional Service. If you have your license for 9.3 version you can contact Parallels support and ask upgrade. After that you can install license via Plesk interface.

Back