• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Licences Price Increase on 12th of December 2017 why this ?

Plesk licenses charges increase is accepted or Not

• Total voters

nas

New Pleskian
Hi,

As we all used Plesk Onyx Web Host Edition and other version it was because of the service and charges are

good and low. Now it was very terrible to hear that Plesk was going to increase the charges on December. If your

company didn't have money to celebrate the Christmas and new year please don't turn to your customers. As your

Onyx version is not full fill for an hosting company and we though it will be improved but with out improvement how

you can increase the charges. IF plesk is going to take an bad decisions like price increasing we all customer will

move to other control panel. I writing this thread for all of us, so every one let see the authority is going to take action.

Plesk Web Host Edition for VPS, old price per month: 8,99 EUR, new price: 14,99 EUR

I think the price increase is correct if it improves the services offered
I Don't think the service will improve, as this much months there are small improvements so I don't think this increase will not help
new customers and existing one like us. So don't go froward and make the charges as same and good service as we all moved from Cpanel
it was because of the charges are low if the charges are same or more that Cpanel then what is the use of it.

I Don't think the service will improve, as this much months there are small improvements so I don't think this increase will not help
new customers and existing one like us. So don't go froward and make the charges as same and good service as we all moved from Cpanel
it was because of the charges are low if the charges are same or more that Cpanel then what is the use of it.
To be even better than Cpanel :)

One the many problems is that the price increase involves also the licenses already issued.
Now I have same licenses rent to some of my customers, now I'm forced to increase the price and they will not renew if I double the VPS price.
They will go away to some other provider, maybe a big one with better prices.
Maybe the big ISP's have some better deal with Plesk, they can include the software in the VPS and sell it at a price lower than Plesk alone.
Plesk, with this price increase will get rid of all its small reseller, who also provide customer support.
I'm evaluating VestaCP to use it in my new VPS offer.

One the many problems is that the price increase involves also the licenses already issued.
Now I have same licenses rent to some of my customers, now I'm forced to increase the price and they will not renew if I double the VPS price.
They will go away to some other provider, maybe a big one with better prices.
Maybe the big ISP's have some better deal with Plesk, they can include the software in the VPS and sell it at a price lower than Plesk alone.
Plesk, with this price increase will get rid of all its small reseller, who also provide customer support.
I'm evaluating VestaCP to use it in my new VPS offer.
VestCP was not updated for a year. I tried it - not stable. I'm testing webmin + virtualmine - powerful solution.

I have migrated my Plesk Onyx web hosting edition to Cpanel.. it seem the pricing is much more than cpanel if they have planned to increase the price why you haven't done it on the starting. Please know that there are lot of Migration tools available in the internet so think twise before changing price

we are looking at a 332% increase with the removal of VPS version of licence. (2.50 > 10.80 gbp) across hundreds of VPSs !!!! no one seems to care

@Pascal_Netenvie

Only 100% increase...
...we received on certain items an increase of 875%!

How about that?

Proof? Check my attachments.

Attachments

• plesk_new_pricing.jpg
    plesk_new_pricing.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 20
  • plesk_old_pricing.jpg
    plesk_old_pricing.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 17
Here, in France, the biggest Hoster (OVH) has stopped to work with Plesk and now it offer only Cpanel !
So i think the Plesk price strategy is completly stupid !
If they want to raise prices they can do it slowly. Not brutaly like this.
Here we now test new server with other Panel and if we found something good and 4 times cheaper we will migrate servers when we renew it.

I also think it's a very, very, very bad move by Plesk...
Plesk is a good product, but not at this cost. This move will definitely result in a bigger loss of customers.

Anyways, as I mentioned before, the price increase also brings something positive. We are now looking at several other panels because of this.
Normally there wouldn't be a need for it, but due to this pricing change it forces to play our hands. In the meantime we already canceled 40 more Plesk licenses.

Here, in France, the biggest Hoster (OVH) has stopped to work with Plesk and now it offer only Cpanel !
So i think the Plesk price strategy is completly stupid !
If they want to raise prices they can do it slowly. Not brutaly like this.
Here we now test new server with other Panel and if we found something good and 4 times cheaper we will migrate servers when we renew it.

Where do you have read/view this information? Only hope that this will true, to recorder to Plesk team how they have failed to all our customer with this action... It seem that the opinion of smaller provider of hosting have no interest for plesk...

Yes Igor, they still sell Plesk. But they sell the Web Pro VPS at 4,49, that's less than half of my partner price. If someone still asks for Plesk I will buy from them and I will not give support on the platform anymore. My margins are too low. Remenber, we are partner and our profits are your profits.

Canceled 60 more licenses this week. More will follow. My bosses got completely fed up with the new pricing (875% increase) that they want to get rid of Plesk completely.
And to be honest; I can't blame them. It's just crazy and feel liks backstabbing by Plesk.

We paid for years 2.00 per license and now we have to pay 17.50 per license. This is an unacceptable increase. Probably they will keep increasing their prices now as well. When a boulder starts rolling, it's hard to stop... Unless it falls of a cliff ofcourse.

Doubt we will be a Plesk customer or selling anything Plesk related by the end of this year.

Back