• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk - List of passwords or sites with lower password strength

bradz

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.49 Update #2
Can one get a list from Plesk showing which passwords or sites on the server are below the set security policy level?
Over the years I have increased the security policy level, but from time to time I find a password that is old and below the current level.
Thanks for any input,
Sincerely,
Brad :)

I think this will not be possible, because Plesk does not store passwords in plain text, and a hash that is actually stored does not reveal the length of the original password or the characters used in it.

Thanks Peter! That makes sense, I think my best approach is to go by the site creation date on the server and review the oldest sites. They are the ones that may have a weaker password. Again, Thanks! Brad

Back