• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk login page problem

If you have everything under your c:\program files\swsoft\plesk directory, then yes, that will fix it. Our server wasn't setup that way (which broke MailEnable's upgrade install. It had the postoffices set up in a different place.

What i really do not understand is why some sites work and others do not unless the sam database is just really messed up. Unless the Plesk mysql db with the user accounrs isn't complete and when i run the anon password fix it only corrects some of them because their db isnt complete and only some of the sites are listed.. It is a strange one.

I deleted the psacln and running the reconfigurator now i chose Plesk Server Accounts, Plesk File Security, Plesk Virtual Hosts Security, andPlesk Database.. It should more than cover me.. Although it will take awhile before I know results.. Was hoping that the Plesk File Security option may add psacln back to the plesk folders.

Well Ok so all that is finished.. I no longer get the prompt for a user name and password however all sites say service unavailable now. Even the ones that were working.. UGGGHHHH

Ok so that is corrected (plesk default application pool was stopped)

So now I am back to the login name and password. OMG!

to resolve the popup login do the follwing:

go to Local Policies in the machine.
START=>ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS=>LOCALPOLICIES

Expand Local Policies folder.
click on User RIghts Assignments
On the right pane Double-Click "Access this computer from the Network"

Click on the button [Add User or Group] Add "Authenticated Users"

Apparently the virus takes this out, once I did this all my server resume normal operation for all sites in IIS.

How I´m supposed to add Authenticated Users. Where is it ? In objects ?

Never did get this working again no site could be served correctly .. I drove across the world now to come format it and rebuild. I tried to open a ticket with plesk but everytime they replied with follow these steps and ticket is closed.. Ughhhhh

Plesk wont uninstall or install any newer version or even the same version

I have to HD in the server. I´m thinking of installing OS in the 2nd HD, install Plesk and then, import all data from the primary HD.

The problem is that I don´t know how to import the plesk/clients/domains setup...

Anyone knows how could I do that ? Do you think it could bring my server back ?

Originally posted by globodata
I have to HD in the server. I´m thinking of installing OS in the 2nd HD, install Plesk and then, import all data from the primary HD.

The problem is that I don´t know how to import the plesk/clients/domains setup...

Anyone knows how could I do that ? Do you think it could bring my server back ?

I think you can use the Plesk Backup tool to create a .psa file of your settings, domains etc.

Then use Plesk Restore on your 2nd HD, to import it again. Your MySQL databases might not come with, using the plesk backup/restore tools, but they can be find somewhere in program files/swsoft/databases/mysql/data - as I recall.

You mean everything woul come back with this tool, unless the MySQL ?

Originally posted by globodata
You mean everything woul come back with this tool, unless the MySQL ?

It did for me, almost. Except a few domains, which was created after I set up my scheduled plesk backup, which is ran daily. I had a 24 hour old backup, when I re-installed the server, but that backup was made BEFORE the attack.

I don't know if its gonna be a problem to make a backup AFTER the attack, but I don't think so, as it pretty much just makes a "zip like file" (.psa), with all the websites and their files, settings etc.

that should work and is how i intend to restore mine once i rebuild the server. I have restored from them before but never into a fresh plesk installation.

It seems that the virus was removed from my server by The Planet´s technical support, but DNSs are not resolving so I don´t have the mail service and http service.

Anyone has experienced this issue after removing the virus ?

The Planet technicals rebuilded the named.conf file and fix the DNS issue and FINALLY everything seems to be ok now.

I wish good luck for everybody. The last 3 days were terrible for me.

They have also advise me to do a reload as the OS might be compromissed, so I´ll do that as soon as possible and reccomend to everybody to th same, just in case.

Good luck for all and thank for the tips !

Back