• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk login page problem

Originally posted by djape
I installed Plesk on another machine and tried restore backup, but only sites without mysql works.
I'm having the same popup problem on a clean install with sites using mysql.

Same here... plesk restore didn't restore ANY mysql databases for me, at all :(

So I had to copy them manually from my old partition with the infected windows on, most of the databases works, but 2 tables got lost for some reason.

Also, is anybody else experiecing trouble while sending mail trough the server?
Almost every recipient I send to, has a delivery failed email come back to me, because IP address seems to be blacklisted.

my webhost support wrote this to me:

Hello,

These error messages are the result of your server's IP address,
******, being listed on two blacklists. You can find them at the
following URLs:

http://dnsbl.net.au/lookup/?******
http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=******

Unless you have a known reason for being listed on these spam blacklists, you
may want to scan your server for any viruses/trojans/spyware that could be
allowing your server to send out spam mail. A good tool to check this is
Microtrend's Housecall online scanning service which can be found at
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ - This is free to use, simply use Remote
Desktop Connection to connect to your server and visit the site there in
Internet Explorer. If your machine is clear you may again visit the above
links and request that they be delisted.

Still asks for password

Would anyone know why I am still prompted for username and password?

Ok so I followed all the steps which are logical in what they are doing. I have cleaned up the server from the rdriv.sys with no issues and done several scans. So I ran the Plesk reconfigurator, I checked the policy settings and even removed and then added the accounts back in to be sure, and I ran the fix for the anonymous password on a global statement and then also per domain for some of the domains that are still not working. here is where it gets weird

So i have some sites that work and most that do not after running the fixes.

My customers are screaming at this point.. Submitted 2 tickets to plesk with no response yet.

Any help would be great

I did not see you mention doing this which was mentioned back int he thread. We had the same issue and this fixed it.

websrvmng --update-anon-passwords-all

Read entire thread for exact implementation.

Most of our sites are back up... but there are 5 or 6 sites that are asking for a password no matter what. I've tried deleting the IUSR_ user, running reconfigurator, doing the anon user reset, resetting the password manually... nothing works. Anyone else run into this, and know of a magic fix?

I did not see you mention doing this which was mentioned back int he thread. We had the same issue and this fixed it.
websrvmng --update-anon-passwords-all

I did run this several times and ran this on a per domain level as found in another support article from Plesk.

Still same result.

I'm also wondering why there was no fix from SWSoft for Mailenable for this before it happened. Mailenable was installed as part of Plesk, so shouldn't that be part of the autoupdate process?

notification

Somene said earlier it was posted from Plesk.. Plesk didn't write the software.. They basically notified their users of the potential risk.

If its supplied as part of the Plesk installation, it should be patched with the autoupdate feature.

autoupdate

if you can get the autoupdate feature to work that would be great

I have yet to get it to work.

noone

So none have a clue as to why sites would still be asking for password? I wish plesk would contact me over this soon. My customers are really getting angry, Especially my ecommerce sites.

Now when I thought I had most working... IIS is restarted and ALL of the application pools crash. Reboot the server and they still crash. The only way they stay running is to run them as "Local System", which is obviously not good... but I might have to, to get all these sites back up. Network Service doesn't work, Local Service doesn't work, and as a user doesn't work. The second someone hits the page, it shows the <title>, then crashes the pool.

For our system, I had to remove the psacln group and let the reconfigurator rebuild the group. That was the only way to get the sites back online. The second issue was because IIS then couldn't load the DLL's in Plesks isapi directory... the reconfigurator doesn't fix those permissions no matter what. Ugh.

Yes, remove it from Groups, then run Reconfigurator as previously discussed. You'll need to fix permissions in various places on your machine though afterwards.

psacln

What permissions need to be fixed? Does the reconfigurator recreate the group and reset permissions?

It'll recreate the group, and fix it for your vhosts directory. But you for sure have to add it to local security policy, your postoffices, and the Plesk software directories

that sounds scary.. although from the looks of it.. just adding pscln at the top level, looks like everything is inherited

Another recovery item to finish the fix. Check your server's IP address for being blacklisted and get delisted after you secure your server. See http://dnsstuff.com or similar.

Back