• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question plesk login returns DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002]

mathi_reg

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

I had issues on my server. Upgraded the volume size today from 10gb to 20gb after finding out with df -h that 100% capacity was used.

I was able to restart plesk, apache. But mysql doesn't work. Also other weird things happening via SSH.

e.g.
Code:
plesk login
returns
DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

I can't start mysql or mysqld. Always says:

service mysqld start
Job for mariadb.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status mariadb.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

This is rather urgent as my site is currently down. Anyone able to help me out here?

Hey @IgorG

no I don't know why.

I also can't login to my plesk anymore. If I do plesk login and click on the link I always get 18-196-2-65.plesk.page took too long to respond.

Hey @IgorG

no I don't know why.

I also can't login to my plesk anymore. If I do plesk login and click on the link I always get 18-196-2-65.plesk.page took too long to respond.

If the plesk repair doesent work, please share the log output with us, so we can investiagte for more informations to help you.
Code:
 tail -n60 /var/log/mariadb/mariadb.log

Aah, also just understood that the machine has new IP address. EC2. Now when logging in I use for instance [email protected] but plesk login provides a different IP in the login page, but also changing that manually doesn't work. DNS PROBE NOT FINISHED

Code:
cat /etc/mysql/my.cnf | grep log_error
log_error = PATH LOG

Than run
Code:
tail -n60 PATH LOG

Please make a cat on your my.cnf, there you see the path where the logfile is located. PATH LOG was just a placeholder for your path.

@m3lezZ sorry, I was not able to work on this last week but now I'm back on this:

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by where the log files is located. The first command works fine. The file my.cnf exists and I can do the grep log_error.

If I make a cat on the my.cnf file I get this:

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 12.50.49.png

There is not log path or anything in there.

Last edited:
Try:
journalctl -x -u mysqld

Also please post the output of "ifconfig", "route -n" and "cat /etc/hostname /etc/hosts ".

The IP seems to be configured correctly, the system just has no understanding that 18-196-2-61 is supposed to be an IP.
However, 172.* is an internal IP range, just like 10.* and the more widely known 192.168.*
This will NOT be reachable from outside, so it's no wonder that the address plesk shows (which is probably the 172.31...) will not work.
That you also are not able to use the 18.195.210.132 might have two reasons:
1) when mysql doesn't work, the plesk admin panel won't work either
2) the NAT router which translates 18.195.210.132 to the internal IP doesn't portforward 8443 to your machine

Did you order that EC2 instance as a public-facing server at all? Is preisvergleich123.com your site?

Try
systemctl status mysql.service
systemctl status mariadb.service
(only one of those two will work, I don't know which is the correct one for ubuntu)

journalctl -x -u mariadb
mysqld --print-defaults
dpkg -l |grep mariadb

Hey @mow

fyi, the website itself which uses mysql is running though normally. I have one wordpress site running on the plesk machine and this works fine.
preisvergleich123.com is not my site, no :)

The EC2 was simply launched with the Plesk Environment on AWS itself.

Here is the output for all commands above:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.53.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.53.37.png
    765 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.54.04.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.54.04.png
    704.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.54.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.54.18.png
    138 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.54.29.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.54.29.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 5
fyi, the website itself which uses mysql is running though normally. I have one wordpress site running on the plesk machine and this works fine.

What happens if you use that site's domain and add :8443 after the domain name?
Does the domain resolve to the same IP that you use for ssh login? If not, there is some very weird routing going on ...

@mow … oh man, that works!

However very slow it seems. The "admin-panel" loads very very long for each new request. Do you know why that could be?
The main site is fast though, but the domain.com:8443 is very slow loading and responding.

Back