• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question plesk login returns DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002]

Also when logging in via SSH on the machine it says "Restart required" … how do I do that?

You can do a (v)server restart in plesk, or use "shutdown -r now" in the shell.

However very slow it seems. The "admin-panel" loads very very long for each new request. Do you know why that could be?
  • too small vserver (look at "free", "top" or "iotop")
  • broken routing so plesk cannot phone home (I ran into that problem during testing before the jessie->stretch upgrade because the test server is not fully routed so that it doesn't create problems such as sending out mails, and just as you described it waits until the timeout for each request)

1GB is a bit on the low side, however as a vserver I think disk cache is outside the limit as it is handled by the host.
1 vCore isn't much either, but if you used up your cpu time for the hour, your blog would also be restricted and I think you'd have noticed that.
Your database isn't running on the same instance but as an external resource, right?

Back