• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk login

B

beardo

I have just purchased a VPS from a provider in the netherlands.

I have access to a HSP Complete control panel to which i can gain access.

I have attempted to login to my plesk control panel using the same details I was provided, but they won't work.

I have a root password and can SSH in, but I need access to the plesk control panel to add domains and services to them.

The isp does not appear to be in a great hurry to help me, is there anyway of adding plesk users via SSH? or, is there anything else I should know?

Thanks,

Beardo

It was confusing to me when I was first setup that the username and password I choose to use for SSH is not the same for the Plesk control panel

Username for the Plesk control panel is: admin
Password is same as for SSH

There is a way through SSH to create clients and domains, unfortunately, I do not feel comfortable enough with it to give you any help there.

Not so

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your response.

I tried admin and my root user password (which works via ssh). It did not work. I tried admin and the password for my hsp complete control panel and that also did not work.

I have tried all sorts of combinations and nothing has allowed me in!

The ISP in question has still not replied to me.....It seems ridiculous as it will probably take a support engineer literally seconds to sort this out.

Thanks for your suggestion.

All the best,

Vince

what's all this then...

Apparently after doing a bit of research it is possible that the plesk control panel login can be out of sync with what is held in the psa shadow passwords file.

I read this on the swsoft website:

http://kb.swsoft.com/article_16_753_en.html

I attempted to run through this, but it hasn't helped.

I had a look in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow and it is pretty much an empty file.

All it says in there is:

Setup

(first line in file).

So now the plesk login page is replaced with a mysql error saying that the password stored in: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3

is not correct!

Now, I am really screwed as this file is encrypted!

O joy! It seems moving hosts was a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire!

Vince

talk to myself

Ok, so I am talking to myself here. but hey, somebody might need to know this stuff like I did!

I found out the problem.

My host had not set the admin user's password, it was therefore 'setup' which I assume is the default.

I ran through the steps in the jobby above and hthen set the password to what I wanted and hey presto - problem solved.

Hope this helps.

Back