• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Management service - killing sites

Z

Zan_

Hello,

I raised this issue some time ago (and since it wasn't addressed in any way since I last raised it. have lived with it for a long time.. though I did write soem software to auto disabled the management service whenever the issue happened)

I hoped that in plesk 9.3 which we upgraded to a couple of weeks back that this issue would ahve been resolved.. but it is not.

the issue is this. whever we do an issreset or a server reboot. random applciation pools canot start and so the sites they contain are offline.

in the event logs we get this message

"A process serving applciation pool 'name here' failed to respond to ping'

this is caused in some way by the plesk management service.
becuase by stopping the service.. all the sites are online and wrokign fine. start the service and many sites fail and the event messages start appearing. stop the service and all sites magically work perfect. start the service and random pools start reporting the error again.

eventually after many plesk managemnt service stop starts, we get all sites and all pools workign witht he service running.

this is nuts and means that in many cases it's 3-4 hours after a server reboot before all sites are working again.

the sepcs are
Windows server 2003 r2 64 bit.
plesk 9.3

this issue also happened on 8.2. and 8.6

cheers

Daniel

Need more details. I have not found any mentions about "A process serving applciation pool 'name here' failed to respond to ping" error in all our internal Plesk related resources. Is it Virtuozzo container? Can you provide logs with errors or something else?

theres no more information to be had.
heres my previous post.

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=84136

At the time I thought it was to do with ISAPI filters. I don't beleive thats the case anymore. and that it was just co-incedence that when i removed the isapi filters for a site and retried the management servers that it would work.

anyway, there are no error logs, bar the pool failing to respond to ping.
the only sure thing is that stopping the plesk management service, will bring all sites up 100% of the time. and starting it again will instantly start causing the pool timeouts. eventually, we get to a point where the sites are all up and running. but it's along and ardous process and it can result in hours of downtime for client sites.

I think that it is require deep investigation directly on your server. Therefore I can suggest you send corresponding request to support team.

Back