1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

plesk migration complicated!

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by pasqdp, Jan 24, 2011.

1. pasqdp

pasqdp Guest

Server from which i want o migrate is Parallel Plesk Expand 2.2.4. It manage Centralized mail server Plesk panel 8.4 and parallel Plesk panel 8.6 which contains domains, and user's data.

I want to move all these three servers into ONE server with Parallel Plesk Panel 10.0.1.
    What are necessary steps ?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    I think that first of all you may unregister these Plesk servers from Expand and then migrate them as usual.

3. pasqdp

pasqdp Guest

i'm afraid it will stop working that way, those servers are up and running now with clients onboard. What will happen if i unregister plesk panel and centralized mail server from expand?

4. pasqdp

pasqdp Guest

I did something else right now. I have installed plesk panel 10.0.1 on different server on trial license and now i started migration from plesk panel 8.4 and centralized mail server. When its done it just matter of restoring those files right?????

5. pasqdp

pasqdp Guest

In the migration manager i have listed all domains and users, i did migration and it sayz complete. However! There is no users or anything in the user list. What may be the cause?

6. IgorG

24%
  7. pasqdp

pasqdp Guest

i need to perform this operations on 8.6 plesk panel, how can i obtain trial license to get 8.6 running?

8. IgorG

24%
    Contact your sales representative.

9. pasqdp

pasqdp Guest

I tried to do a migration from plesk pannel 8.6 runned by expand to plesk panel 8.6, i have all except Physical Hosting(subdomains,ftp) i dont have any errors in migration...