• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Migration failed

JohnBoyWalton26

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 6.10 (Final)‬
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31 Update #3
I'm trying to run Plesk migration version 2.21.8-1042 but I get the error below,

i have tried: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213929625-Unable-to-start-Plesk-migration-Failed-to-fetch-basic-information-about-resellers-clients-and-domains-data-from-source-servers

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/************/ssh-keys/id_rsa.**.***.***.** -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_17_0_pmm_shared/ root@**.***.***.**:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-*********************/pmm_agent
exit code: 14
stdout:
stderr: rsync: Failed to exec ssh: Permission denied (13)
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(84) [sender=3.0.6]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at io.c(600) [sender=3.0.6]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

The cause of the issue is that SELinux on the source server blocks connection from destination one.
To fix the issue please disable SELinux on the source server. It can be done via command:

# setenforce 0

Make sure that it's disabled:

# getenforce
Permissive

After migration you can enable SELinux back using a command:

# setenforce 1

The cause of the issue is that SELinux on the source server blocks connection from destination one.
To fix the issue please disable SELinux on the source server. It can be done via command:
Thanks for the tip. I am currently stuck with the same issue but unfortunately this does not resolve the issue.
Any more things I could try?

Not to make myself look to much of an idiot, i was trying to run / start the migration from the original / old server not the new server with the freshly installed Plesk on it which was why i was having the problem.

Not to make myself look to much of an idiot, i was trying to run / start the migration from the original / old server not the new server with the freshly installed Plesk on it which was why i was having the problem.
:D
Would be awesome if this would be the case for me but unfortuately for me it seems to be a differnt issue ;-)

Back