• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Migration Manager for Plesk 8.1.1 for Windows

A

Andrey Kareev

Plesk Migration Manager for Plesk 8.1.1 for Windows is now released.

This version includes the following features:
- remote migration agents for Helm 3.1.x, Helm 3.2.x,
- remote migration agents for Ensim 3.6, Ensim 4.0, Ensim 5.0, Ensim 10.0,
- remote migration agents for IIS 5, IIS 6,
- E-Mail content migration agent,
- User Databases and ODBC Data Sources migration agent,
- DNS Settings migration agent,
- remote migration agent from one Plesk for Windows installation to another,
- remote migration agents for Plesk for Unix version 2.5.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.1-8.1.1,
- remote migration agents for cPanel 9, cPanel 10.

PMM MSI:

Plesk 8.1.1 for Windows Migration Manager

Plesk 8.1.0 for Windows Migration Manager

Plesk for Windows Migration Manager Agent

Release notes

PMM Guide:

PDF:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/PMM/070504.17/plesk-win-pmm-guide.pdf

ZIP:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/PMM/070504.17/plesk-win-pmm-guide.zip

Online version:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/PMM/070504.17/plesk-win-pmm-guide/index.htm

Thanks.

Hello,

I already install migration manager 8.1 on plesk server with 8.1.1, not work, right.

Today I remove pmm 8.1 and install 8.1.1 (pmm811_build070504.17.msi)

And when open services on plesk, show this errors:

Notice: Undefined index: migrator in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ServiceControl.php on line 222

Notice: Undefined index: foreignmigrator in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ServiceControl.php on line 229

Notice: Undefined index: foreignmigrator in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ServiceControl.php on line 230

Thanks

I am having the same errors... did you find a fix yet?

Hello.

Please, try to navigate in Plesk CP: 'Server' > 'Components Management' and then click 'Refresh' to update the component list.

That worked... now another thing.
When I try connecting through the migration setting I get this error:

Error: Unable to upload scout: Unable to run migrmng: Unable to connect to remote host 64.38.48.130. Please check if the remote server is available for connection and if the correct login and password are specified.

Although I have opened the ports as the FAQ stated.

I am not sure if this is the problem, but I get this on the agent server for an error when trying to run the agent software:

---------------------------
WINAgentMng.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x83ac (33708), Thread id=0x9db4 (40372).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.
OK Cancel

Do you use an appropriate version of Plesk Migration Manager Agent (pmm_agent_build070504.17.msi)? PMM Agent should log some debug info into WINAgentMng.WINAgentMng.exe.log and WINAgentMng.RemotingDomain.log files.

I looked here: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk Migrator Agent for the log files but there are none. Are they located anywhere else?

Edited: I am using this pmm agent: pmm_agent_build060809.17.msi on the Plesk 7.6 server.

No, these log files should be located in the Plesk Migrator Agent folder. Please check what version of PMM Agent do you use?

I am using this pmm agent: pmm_agent_build060809.17.msi on the Plesk 7.6 server.

Please install pmm_agent_build070504.17.msi on the Plesk 7.6 server which you want to migrate from.
Always install Plesk Migration Manager components from one package. Otherwise, migration will fail.

I tried that but it gives an error that I do not have Plesk 8.1.1 installed and cancels installation.

Now I get this when trying:
Error: Unable to upload scout: Unable to run migrmng: Another instance of migration manager already running

Forget this error, I found the process and killed it.

Apparently you confuse pmm_agent_build070504.17.msi and pmm811_build070504.17.msi builds. First one is PMM Agent that does not require any version of Plesk to be installed. pmm811_build070504.17.msi is Plesk Migration Manager that could be installed only to Plesk 8.1.1 for Windows.

You should install pmm_agent_build070504.17.msi on the source side, and pmm811_build070504.17.msi on destination side with Plesk 8.1.1 for Windows installed.

OK, somehow I was adding the wrong one I guess (late night). I have installed it and it is running. How long should it take to connect to the agent? It seems to sit on the "loading please wait" page.

Originally posted by doughboy
Now I get this when trying:
Error: Unable to upload scout: Unable to run migrmng: Another instance of migration manager already running

Forget this error, I found the process and killed it.

hi,

we have the same error.. can you let us know how you found the process and killed it?

thanks, Patrick

I installed PMM on my Plesk server and the agent on my Merak server. I can telnet to all the ports 22,135-139,445,6489 and both servers have Client for MS Networks and File Sharing enabled. But when I run the migration wizard it still says,

Error: Unable to upload scout: Unable to run migrmng: Unable to connect to remote host mmail.daytondigital.net. Please check if the remote server is available for connection and if the correct login and password are specified.

Am I supposed to have my own SSH server running on the Merak server, or does the agent handle that?

I read through that but didn't find anything that helped.

I'm in a Virtuozzo environment, and the hardware node can connect to \\xx.xx.xx.xx\admin$, but the VPS that Plesk is running in can't.

I read through that but didn't find anything that helped.

I'm in a Virtuozzo environment, and the hardware node can connect to \\xx.xx.xx.xx\admin$, but the VPS that Plesk is running in can't.

Hello.
Please contact me via PM. We need to look at your server.

Back