• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Migration Manager for Plesk 8.1.1 for Windows

I was having the exact same problem described in the above posts "Error: Unable to upload scout: Unable to run migrmng.....", until I carefully re-checked the settings of the firewall at both ends.

After enabling File & Printer Sharing I generally I only needed to add SAMBA port 135 TCP, because if File & Printer Sharing is Allowed as an exception in the firewall, then it already shows ports 139/TCP, 445/TCP, 137/UDP and 138/UDP. You can tell because trying to add these ports manually gives an error that they are already in use by File & Printer Sharing.

Obviously also add an exception for PMM on 6489/TCP, and it won't hurt to add a Program Exception at each end and browse to the PM Agent program on the source server, and the PMM program on the Plesk server.

What I was doing wrong though was not checking the SCOPE of the exception. On the Source server the firewall must allow access in from the Plesk server, e.g. in Exceptions, select File & Printer Sharing, then click Edit (all the ports should be ticked, 139/TCP, 445/TCP, 137/UDP, 138/UDP), then click Change Scope to allow Custom List, and then enter the IP Address of the Plesk Server.

Beforehand it was restricting access only to machines on the Local Subnet.

I knew it was a firewall problem because I temporarily turned off Windows firewall on both servers and discovered that the PMM connection got through ok, so then turned them back on and carefully re-checked everything.

Hope that helps someone!!

Jim

Hi Andrey,

I am mmigrating the Plesk 8.6 to the new server but there is an issue, email contents is not migrated. I need to migrate it seperaly.

Is there any suggetion.

Thanks in advance for you support :)

Back