• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Migrator error code 255

Riset

New Pleskian
Hello,

I`m trying to migrate users/subscriptions from Plesk (11.5.30 Update #55) (CentOS 6.3 Final) to my new server with Plesk Onyx (17.0.17 Update #21) (CentOS 7.2.1511 Core).

I use Plesk Migrator 2.6.11 to do this migration, but I receive this error:

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,go=,Du=rwx,go= -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20170406125708/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20170406125708/ssh_upload.1 [email protected]:/tmp/version
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I searched on the forum and the KB and only found this:

Plesk Migrator fails to connect to source server: Permission denied (publickey,password)

From what I understand in this kb, it should be fixed with the new Plesk Migrator.

Also it says:

Root home directory is customized:

# grep root /etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/root/subdirectory:/bin/bash

What does this mean?

Hi Riset,

Root home directory is customized:

# grep root /etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/root/subdirectory:/bin/bash
What does this mean?
This means, that IF you decided to modify the standart root - home - directory, you might experience issues/errors/problems as described. The standart is defined as:
Code:
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

According to the linked KB - article, this internal issue ( #PMT-2856 ) should have been fixed by now. You might consider to open a new bug - report at =>
Home > Forum > Plesk Discussion > Reports
, so that a Plesk - Team - Member is able to pass it over to the devoloppers.

Hi UFHH01, thank you for your response! I did as you told, open a new bug - report. Do you perhaps know if there is an older version of Plesk Migrator available for download so that I can try to migrate with an older version?

I get same error but root directory is default

Other investigations told me to look, in various points:

I can login ssh between both servers in both ways
selinux disabled

Thanks for any help

I did not found a solution for this issue. I end up making a backup from every subscription manually and restore it at the new server.

Back