• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk Migrator error code 255

Riset

New Pleskian
Hello,

I`m trying to migrate users/subscriptions from Plesk (11.5.30 Update #55) (CentOS 6.3 Final) to my new server with Plesk Onyx (17.0.17 Update #21) (CentOS 7.2.1511 Core).

I use Plesk Migrator 2.6.11 to do this migration, but I receive this error:

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,go=,Du=rwx,go= -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20170406125708/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20170406125708/ssh_upload.1 [email protected]:/tmp/version
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I searched on the forum and the KB and only found this:

Plesk Migrator fails to connect to source server: Permission denied (publickey,password)

From what I understand in this kb, it should be fixed with the new Plesk Migrator.

Also it says:

Root home directory is customized:

# grep root /etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/root/subdirectory:/bin/bash

What does this mean?

Hi Riset,

Root home directory is customized:

# grep root /etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/root/subdirectory:/bin/bash
What does this mean?
This means, that IF you decided to modify the standart root - home - directory, you might experience issues/errors/problems as described. The standart is defined as:
Code:
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

According to the linked KB - article, this internal issue ( #PMT-2856 ) should have been fixed by now. You might consider to open a new bug - report at =>
Home > Forum > Plesk Discussion > Reports
, so that a Plesk - Team - Member is able to pass it over to the devoloppers.

Hi UFHH01, thank you for your response! I did as you told, open a new bug - report. Do you perhaps know if there is an older version of Plesk Migrator available for download so that I can try to migrate with an older version?

I get same error but root directory is default

Other investigations told me to look, in various points:

I can login ssh between both servers in both ways
selinux disabled

Thanks for any help

I did not found a solution for this issue. I end up making a backup from every subscription manually and restore it at the new server.

Back