• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Plesk Migrator error code 255

Riset

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Plesk Migrator error code 255
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #21
Plesk Migrator 2.6.11
CentOS 7.2.1511 Core
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I`m trying to migrate users/subscriptions from Plesk (11.5.30 Update #55) (CentOS 6.3 Final) to my new server with Plesk Onyx (17.0.17 Update #21) (CentOS 7.2.1511 Core).

I use Plesk Migrator 2.6.11 to do this migration, but I receive this error:

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,go=,Du=rwx,go= -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20170406125708/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20170406125708/ssh_upload.1 [email protected]:/tmp/version
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I searched on the forum and the KB and only found this:

Plesk Migrator fails to connect to source server: Permission denied (publickey,password)

From what I understand in this kb, it should be fixed with the new Plesk Migrator.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Unknown. Both VPS`s are from the same provider. I cantacted them and they havent run in to this problem yet. Both VPS`s are default images from this provider and havent been modified besides the normal use of Plesk.

I did reinstall the Plesk Migrator 2.6.11 extension, hoping that would solve the issue.

I have searched the forum and also asked in the forum but all I can find is that this issue should be resolved in the past already.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
I cannot migrate my old server to the new server.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
I would like to be able to migrate the website from my old Plesk server to the new one.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

Hello!

Looks like you have specific SSH configuration on your servers. Could you please check ability to connect from the target to the source server via SSH using keys, generated manually? Plesk Migrator just automate this, nothing more.

In the scope of bug PMT-2856 we just added automatic resolution for case if home directory of the root user customized on the source server, but unfortunately, there are a lot of other cases when SSH connection fail with the similar error message.

Back