• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Plesk Migrator Failing to Sync Database Records After Server Upgrade

Daerik

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
I recently upgraded both the source and destination servers to MariaDB 11.4 and Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64. File sync works without issues, and the migrator is able to create database objects; however, the migration fails when syncing database records with the following error:

=|command: MYSQL_PWD="$(cat)" mysql --silent --skip-column-names -h localhost -P 3306 -u admin -e 'SELECT VERSION()'
=|exit code: 1
=|stdout:
=|stderr: mysql: Deprecated program name. It will be removed in a future release, use '/usr/bin/mariadb' instead
=|WARNING: option --ssl-verify-server-cert is disabled, because of an insecure passwordless login.
=|ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)

Interestingly, when I manually cat the password file (/etc/psa/.psa.shadow) and run the command directly, it works fine:

MYSQL_PWD="$(cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow)" mysql --silent --skip-column-names -h localhost -P 3306 -u admin -e 'SELECT VERSION()'

This indicates that the password file itself is not empty or invalid. However, the migrator seems to be having trouble retrieving or using it correctly during the sync process.

Is this a known issue with the Plesk Migrator in this setup, or is there a workaround to ensure the migrator uses the correct password when syncing databases?

As a potential workaround, should I attempt to manually sync the database files from /var/lib/mysql since the objects are already created, or is there a better solution for addressing the empty password file issue?

Any guidance or recommendations would be appreciated.

Back