• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Migrator from DirectAdmin

Groovixx

New Pleskian
Hi,

After many years of DirectAdmin, i have switched to Plesk.
With the last Migrator update this week, i was happy to see that the Migrator now supports migrations from DirectAdmin.

I have started a migration, connection over ssh was fine and i could select the users to begin the migration.
Users, configs and databases are added to Plesk, but website folders and mailboxes are empty.
There is something wrong with copying data over rsync:
stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).

The Plesk server uses Selinux, the DirectAdmin doesn't. I turned off Selinux on Plesk but still no success. I gues the permission problem is not related to any crypted keys.

Watching the logs on DirectAdmin server i found that Plesk creates temperary users for rsync, but the users are locked.

UPDATE - FIX :
/etc/sshd/sshd_config on DirectAdmin server:
UsePAM yes
RSSAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
AllowUsers * (don't forget to remove after migration)

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem and UsePam was already set to yes (on both servers). Is there anything else I should do? I've tried using the root user and password for migrating and I've also tried SSH keys.

If I run the command manually on my DirectAdmin server, it gives me the same error. Is there something else I should do (or could try)?

I'm having the same problem and UsePam was already set to yes (on both servers). Is there anything else I should do? I've tried using the root user and password for migrating and I've also tried SSH keys.

If I run the command manually on my DirectAdmin server, it gives me the same error. Is there something else I should do (or could try)?

Is root on the AllowUsers ?

I have checked the previous directadmin server:
UsePAM yes, RSSAuthentication yes, PubkeyAuthentication yes

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as Fu-Raz. UsePAM, RSSAuthentication and PubkeyAuthentication are all on yes on both the server that is being migrated and the server where I am migrating to.
Any other suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Both servers have CentOS 7.

The error message is the same as yours. stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
I tried "AllowUsers root" and I also put "PermitRootLogin" on yes at PAM, as it was first on no.
Sadly, both settings did not fix the issue.

Any other idea's on how to fix this?

Thanks so far.

Last edited:
The error message is the same as yours. stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
I tried "AllowUsers root" and I also put "PermitRootLogin" on yes at PAM, as it was first on no.
Sadly, both settings did not fix the issue.

Any other idea's on how to fix this?

Thanks so far.

Can you try to temporary allow all users on the directadmin server?
AllowUsers *

Back