• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Migrator from DirectAdmin Centos database failed

kevinjansen1

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obisidan 18.0.46
Dear Community,

I am trying to migrate hosting packages from a Centos 7.9 server with DirectAdmin to the lastest Plesk Obsidian also on Centos 7.9.
It creates/moves everything ok (database name / database user / email accounts) but it fails on dumping the database. The error is:

Failed to copy content of database u10001_db
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server directadmin (x.x.x.x) with non-zero exit code.
/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-4pd7hsnwfhakj69qahoyramfwn9u05o2/mysql.exe: Permission denied
error: Failed to copy content of database u10001_joomla

I have done multiple migrations but this server is not willing to cooperate :)
I think Plesk is thinking that its a windows server since it try's to run mysql.exe instead of the normal mysql_dump that i can see in the other logs.

Someone knows the solution, maybe forcing it always to be Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

uname -a (on source)
Linux web10.xxx.nl 3.10.0-1160.76.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 10 16:21:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

In the info logs it says:

[2022-09-29 11:14:35][INFO] OS 'centos 6 x86_64' is detected on the source server 'directadmin' (x.x.x.x)

So i guess this was a Centos 6 and was updated in the past to Centos 7.

[2022-09-29 11:18:51][ERROR] [domain.com] Failed to perform an action on subscription 'coolvillas.com': Failed to copy content of database 'domain_d5' Exception message: Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'directadmin' (x.x.x.x) with non-zero exit code.

command: MYSQL_PWD="$(cat)" /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-ijenv4eydca5wjce01jfw3kek8ay0zjx/mysql.exe --silent --skip-column-names -h localhost -P 3306 -u da_admin -e 'SHOW CHARACTER SET like '"'"'utf8mb4'"'"''
exit code: 126
stdout:
stderr: bash: /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-ijenv4eydca5wjce01jfw3kek8ay0zjx/mysql.exe: Permission denied

Nvm, this is a centos6 server instead of 7. Still the problem remains that it try's for databases to execute mysql.exe
But creating the database user and names are working fine.

I have tested it now on a different server with Centos 7, same issue it still wants too launch mysql.exe
Not sure why/how since i have migrated from other servers succesfully. But that was a Debian server.

Unfortunately don't have a solution or suggestions for the issue you're facing. However I do want to mention that Plesk has a free migration service if you are migrating from other servers. Perhaps that's of interest to you: Free migration to Plesk

Back