• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Plesk Migrator: One Plesk Server to a New Plesk Server

ict2842

New Pleskian
Hello all. I am running Plesk on a server in Los Angeles and will be setting up a new and replacement server in Dallas. I need to migrate all data (settings, services plans, subscriptions, and client/subscription data) to Dallas. I am in the process of reading the Plesk Migrator docs to see if this is the route I should go and what data would need to be migrated before hand.

I run the latest version of Plesk, currently at "Plesk Obsidian v18.0.32_build1800201204.22 os_CentOS 7". I do plan to use CentOS 8 on the new server, if that matters.

What is the easiest way to do this?

My current thought process here is as follows:
> Install CentOS 8. Perform all upgrades & updates.
> Install Plesk. Install Components and Extensions. Perform any upgrades & updates, if necessary.
> Go through each and every link/button in "Tools & Settings" and manually duplicate settings on the "current" server. (Please tell me there is a better way to do this.)
> Transfer data (services plans, subscriptions, and client/subscription data) using either Plesk Migrator or manually downloading everything and reuploading it onto the new server, assuming the Plesk Migrator is the way to go here.

> Go through each and every link/button in "Tools & Settings" and manually duplicate settings on the "current" server. (Please tell me there is a better way to do this.)
No better way.
> Transfer data (services plans, subscriptions, and client/subscription data) using either Plesk Migrator or manually downloading everything and reuploading it onto the new server, assuming the Plesk Migrator is the way to go here.
Use Plesk Migrator.

Yep, we do the same. In terms of copying settings, we built a standardization script that uses Plesk CLI and DB updates to configure each server exactly as we like it. That saves a huge chunk of time, though it definitely took a while to build.

We use Plesk Migrator for the data transfer. Then block web and email access to the source server at the firewall level, run a re-sync (differential), move the live IPs to the destination server, run reconfigurator to remap the IPs to the original/live ones. That way the IPs don't even need to change.

Yep, we do the same. In terms of copying settings, we built a standardization script that uses Plesk CLI and DB updates to configure each server exactly as we like it. That saves a huge chunk of time, though it definitely took a while to build.

We use Plesk Migrator for the data transfer. Then block web and email access to the source server at the firewall level, run a re-sync (differential), move the live IPs to the destination server, run reconfigurator to remap the IPs to the original/live ones. That way the IPs don't even need to change.
Thank you!

Back