• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Migrator - plesk 12.5 windows - suggestion

kamtec1

New Pleskian
Hello to Odin team .

I have a suggestions and feedback about Plesk Migrator (Migration & Transfer Manager) in plesk 12.5 .

I do a lot of migrations to news plesk 12.5 and i see that Plesk Migrator is saving servers password - when you click on "migrate another domains" he connects back to the server.

I am many times migrating clients from shared environment to VPS servers and in this situation i need to go to Migration & Transfer Manager and delete the session .

I think Plesk Migrator need to do delete credential information in 1h. or as you decide.

Thanks !

Hello!

Thank you for feedback! We have plans to implement "Push" migration scenario, when Plesk Migrator should be installed on source. In this case you will be able to move some domains out from your server. But it will be available only if Plesk 12.5 installed on source. Is it your case?

Hello Aleksey,

No :(

I mean that the Plesk Migrator saves user name and password (credential information of the ) Source host and Target host when you decide to migrate another domain.
I think saving credential is a little problem :)

Thanks
Sergey

I think saving credential is a little problem

I completely agree with you and we have a plan to pass passwords via env variable (CLI) or shared memory (GUI). This feature will be implemented in future Plesk Migrator releases.

As a quick solutions I would like to suggest checkbox "clean-up sessions automatically" to remove sensitive data from sessions directory after migration was completed. But in this case you can not migrate another domains in scope of the same sessions. Do you think, such option would be useful?

Hello Aleksey,

As a quick solutions I would like to suggest checkbox "clean-up sessions automatically" to remove sensitive data from sessions directory after migration was completed. But in this case you can not migrate another domains in scope of the same sessions. Do you think, such option would be useful?

Yes, 100% i agree with this solution. I think this option will need to be a default option for all migration (more security) :)

Thanks
Sergey

Hi together,
I've got this new error today:
error | Internal error.<br/>ERROR: pm_Exception: Error on call plesk-migrator with args [get-progress, /opt/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20151229084730/config.ini, --quiet, --skip-profiling]<br />
<br />
CODE: 1<br />
<br />
STDOUT:<br />
<br />
<br />
STDERR:<br />
(Connector.php:201)<br />
<br><a href='http://kb.odin.com/plesk-error/sear...+--skip-profiling] CODE:+ STDOUT: STDERR:' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a>​
plesk_migrator_error01_1275to521.png

Do somebody have any idea why I got this?

Tanks in advance
SB

Hello!

Thank you for feedback! Yes, it is know issue, and it is already fixed in Plesk Migrator 1.6. We will publish it at Jan, 11.

Now you can simply ignore this pup-up - it occurs because of race condition in algorithm of polling migration status.

Back