• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Migrator

Staniel

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I have recently managed to get a better deal on a new dedicated server and I am trying to run the Plesk Migrator tool to get my sites over, I am planning on doing a big-bang migration and taken all the domains over in one go, as there are less than 50 of them. When running the pre-migration checks this evening I have encountered an issue in the fact that my /usr partition is only 95GB with ~88GB free but I have ~160GB of data to migrate across.

Is there a way that I can tell the Migrator Tool not to use /usr and use a directory on /var as this has just over 1TB of space available to be used. On the first page of the Migrator tool, I changed the Temp directory to be /var/tmp on a second attempt but it didn't apply and I still got a warning to say that there isn't enough disk space.

I had a similar problem on the old server with trying to restore a file and I had to change the storage location in a config file, so I am assuming that I will probably have to do the same here. Can someone please point me to the file that I need to edit?

Many thanks

Stan

In fact, Plesk does not store any user data in /usr. There are only binary files of the Plesk itself, its utility scripts and some configurations.
All user data is stored in /var. All Plesk locations you can see in /etc/psa/psa.conf, especially variables DUMP_TMP_D and DUMP_D

Back