• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Mobile unuseable - null object reference

brainforge

Basic Pleskian
Installed from Google PlayStore.
Get following error message...

Attempt to read from field 'java.util.List.com.odin.plesk.mobile.logic.WebSpace.sites' on a null object reference.

Nexus phone Android 6
Samsung tablet Android 7

Used to work on old Android 2 tablet, no longer have.

Server running Plesk 17.8.11

More information : Android app works fine on the same devices with a different Plesk server.

Remove Plesk Mobile Extension from oroginal server
Attempt to access from Plesk Mobile Android App
-- With wrong password get authorisation error
-- With correct password get original error
Attempt to read from field 'java.util.List.com.odin.plesk.mobile.logic.WebSpace.sites' on a null object reference.

Install Plesk Mobile Extension on original server and repeat above
Get the same result
Check extension settings - all it seems to do is push log events to Android App

Conclusion the connection works
From the message guess the server is unable to provide a list of sites

Been chasing this up with my dedicated server provider as Plesk licence is through them.
They are able to connect using an Android device!
No one from Plesk seems to have responded to this on either Google App Store or here.

Quite a few of us having this issue. It seems to be some server-side configuration causing this, but I've no idea what. I've provided adb log but it wasn't very helpful for Plesk support. Not sure what to do.

I'm having the same problem as well. Anyone find a solution? I can connect to my other servers which are all fairly similar, just not this one.

Sorry, no solution ... same as you, only one server has the problem all other servers are OK!
I really don't want to scrap it and reinstall ...

Update from my previous posts ...

When connected to a Centos 7.7 Plesk Obsidian 18.0.23 #2 server mobile app starts with My Site / Files selected in left panel with rotating busy icon in right panel and then you have about a minute (don 't have to do anything) before it crashes. In that minute you can quickly go to manage in Plesk ... before it crashes.

Able to stay connected to a Debian 8.11 Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #80, server OK, displays the site files OK but still crashes after about a minute.

Plesk Mobile Center 1.15-27 on Plesk 17
Plesk Mobile 1.2.0 on Android 10

Resolved by using 'check and repair PHP handler' tools whit 'Repair kit' extension on Plesk. If you receive error messages try to use proper attributes in command line on RDP and follow the instructions.

Back