• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk multiple invalid user errors

Winnstorm

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm facing several invalid user related errors on my plesk onyx panel on centos.

For example today I received the following error on plesk panel

Error: New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: chown: invalid user: `root:apache'. Search in KB

also:

Error: proftpd-config failed: chown: invalid user: `root:root'

and also:

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: chown: invalid user: `root:apache' . Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter

How can I fix them??? I tried to search on KB but didn't found anything related.

Thanks
Best regards

If you don't have very many domains on your system, please check your ftp and webserver user configuration settings in all of these whether any of them has "root" as the webserver user name. That would need to be changed. That name must not be "root".

Back