• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Multiserver 2019?

LMAR6

New Pleskian
Hi

I'm interested in using Plesk Multiserver. But as I can see from the documentation, this extension is obviously dead.

1. The Roadmap is empty: There are no new tasks in pipeline.

2. According to this thread, Plesk Multiserver wasn't updated since over a year!! A public changelog to multi server extension does not exist.

3. Multiserver is not supporting reseller? Are you kidding me? Multiserver is needed for a large number of customers. How do I achieve a large number of customers? Yes, by appointing some resellers! The support entry again leads to the empty roadmap.

Please update the documentation of multi server or declare it as end of life instead of selling an extension for 10 USD/month/per node that is neither regularly updated nor documented.

So what's about the features of centralized DNS or mail server? Do these features come? What are the plans for 2019 concerning multi server? Web hosters need planning reliability!

Multiserver has been dead for years. It's not needed.

For DNS, you have the Slave DNS Manager extension (Slave DNS Manager - Plesk Extensions!) also 4PSA has a DNS Manager that's pretty slick as well.

Centralized mail server sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Hi @LMAR6

What are the plans for 2019 concerning multi server? Web hosters need planning reliability!

We changed our focus and would like to implement popular multi-server scenarios using SaaS-service. It will be easy to maintain and delivery. The best candidate for such purposes it's a newly launched https://my.plesk.com/ . It's a self-care portal and it contains a function to manage licenses for retail customers, but later there will be added new modules, and multi-server is one of them.

Right now we are collecting requirements for a new multi-server module, and we will be appreciated if you describe the exact multi-server scenarios which are requested by your business.

What are the main 3 features you would see at first? What functionality is most desired and why?
Which is expected way to manage your Plesk servers? Is better use UI, or CLI, or API?
The best UX which fit your needs?

In other words, any feedback regarding multi-server features or my.plesk.com from your side is very desirable.

I feel like you might want to mention that Multi-server is fading away on the sales and documentation pages. The docs page says:

"Available only for Plesk Onyx 17.0 and 17.5."
But for me personally, I read that and just presumed it was stale notes. I was surprised to find out it won't install on a brand new build. No huge deal but I wasted 10$ and an hour or so getting things setup. I came here today to just look around and read more about Plesk and found this thread.

@Tomek,

What exactly do you mean? Plesk is starting to offer services in the SaaS model?

I mean not Plesk product itself. But we already have a couple services working out of Plesk and simplifies lives of our customers, f.e.:
- if it's required to install a new Plesk server, it can be easily done using https://get.plesk.com/ in one click.
- the retail customers can easily manage their Plesk and add-on licenses using Plesk Self Care Portal 1.0.1 self-care portal (including upgrade scenarios).

And we have a plan to build more services which will be a part of Plesk infrastructure. Like I mentioned before, the 'My Plesk' contains licensing module for now, but we are working on to add more modules in this portal, and one of the modules should cover most popular multi-server scenarios.

Back