• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Nameserver Query

wonkywombat

New Pleskian
Hi all,

New to the forums so firstly hello! - I have a question regarding nameservers.

I currently have a server with Plesk installed on Centos 7. I'm looking to set up my own nameservers, so for example, ns1~2.mynamservers.co.uk. I want to be able to use these nameservers on all domains/sites that are set up on my Plesk server without having to use ns1.domain etc.

Could someone point me in the right direction albeit an article/or steps on how to do this?

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers!

Hi, welcome! Are planning to run/use your own nameservers? Or use a third party nameserver service?

Hey wonkywombat,

An easy way to do this is have two IPs on your server, register your nameservers ns1~2.mynamservers.co.uk with Nominet, and set ns1 and ns1 to those IPs on the server. Theres no DNS failover with this, your server goes down, so does the domains DNS.

Next step up would be to configure a small vps as a slave bind server

After that you can add more slave nameservers for resiliance.

Remember to configure the DNS template in the master Plesk server for the correct NS records on the domains.

You could always use AWS or Digital Ocean or for DNS;

Dave_W

Hey wonkywombat,

An easy way to do this is have two IPs on your server, register your nameservers ns1~2.mynamservers.co.uk with Nominet, and set ns1 and ns1 to those IPs on the server. Theres no DNS failover with this, your server goes down, so does the domains DNS.

Next step up would be to configure a small vps as a slave bind server

After that you can add more slave nameservers for resiliance.

Remember to configure the DNS template in the master Plesk server for the correct NS records on the domains.

You could always use AWS or Digital Ocean or for DNS;

Dave_W

Hey Dave,

Firstly thank you, that's done the trick! - I was looking all over for documentation but wasn't sure I was going in the right direction so much appreciated for the steps provided.

Have a good one dude!

Cheers

Back