• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk needs MSSQL?

I

iambilly

Hello,

I'm new to Plesk (I've used it but never had to install it). I just signed up for a dedicated server that preinstalled Windows 2008 R2 Standard, IIS, PHP, mySQL, Plesk. When I was looking at what else was installed...I found MSSQL 2005 and MSSQL 2008. I asked the provider why do I need MSSQL because I want a clean start when I get a server. The provider claims it's part of the Plesk install, but I looked at both databases and they had only the default databases. The provider are suggesting I just disable the MSSQL and not remove them. I'm not satisfy with that approach, it's a "I'm not sure if I need it so I'll keep it" approach...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Billy

Yea and it sounds like SQL is not part of Plesk install. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation from an expert before telling my provider that I need someone that knows how to install the server properly without a bunch of extra unused applications.

Back