1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk needs MSSQL?

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by iambilly, Sep 6, 2011.

1. iambilly

iambilly Guest

Hello,

I'm new to Plesk (I've used it but never had to install it). I just signed up for a dedicated server that preinstalled Windows 2008 R2 Standard, IIS, PHP, mySQL, Plesk. When I was looking at what else was installed...I found MSSQL 2005 and MSSQL 2008. I asked the provider why do I need MSSQL because I want a clean start when I get a server. The provider claims it's part of the Plesk install, but I looked at both databases and they had only the default databases. The provider are suggesting I just disable the MSSQL and not remove them. I'm not satisfy with that approach, it's a "I'm not sure if I need it so I'll keep it" approach...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Billy

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
  3. iambilly

iambilly Guest

Yea and it sounds like SQL is not part of Plesk install. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation from an expert before telling my provider that I need someone that knows how to install the server properly without a bunch of extra unused applications.