• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk not synchronizing with route53

umarkhan

New Pleskian
I created hosted zones using delegation sets in Route53 for my domains in plesk. I installed Route53 extension in Plesk and and when I performed a synchronization from plesk, hosted zones were created in route53 and had different NS records for each zone.

I am also having problems with Route53. Enabled it, Plesk created an user in AWS IAM, synced all zones (251), worked fine for the first time. Now for no apparent reason it stopped syncing altogether. I have recreated the user permissions to no avail. The extension says that zones were synchronized successfully but they don't reflect on the Route53 panel.

Everything is working fine and I managed to white-label the servers with the "Manage NS and SOA records" option. I just can't sync anything anymore.

I'm really out of luck trying to set up an external DNS server which sync with Plesk... you guy have no idea how long I"ve been trying to do this thing in different ways, all of them without any success...

Uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it using the same credentials and now it seemed to sync the missing zones, but it did not delete zones that don't exist in Plesk anymore. Let's see for how long it keeps on working.

EDIT: Told you I'm really out of luck with this ****. The newly added zones synced to Route53 and can be viewed via the console but they don't resolve/cannot be found when NSLOOKUP'ing. God damnit!

Last edited:
No one replied to my posting but I figured it out: looks like the new zones weren't associated with the delegation set and thus could not be found when queried. I had to delete all zones, set the default delegation again, and sync it all over.

It seems that both the extension and the Route53 console can show that a domain is indeed synced, but cannot show where it was "delegated" to. Also it seems that the extension cannot change a delegation set for a domain, in case it ends up in the wrong set. Worse yet is that it takes quite a few minutes to delete all zones then sync them again, if you ever need to refresh everything.

Last edited:
I created the hosted zones manually in route 53 with TTL of my choice. Then I made delegation set as default and synced all the domains in plesk to route53. Keep in mind, I don't have Manage NS and SOA records on. Then all the records were synced successfully

Please be advised, and don't make the same mistake as I did. Route53 charges *whenever* a zone is created. Since I had to delete and resync all zones, they charged me again. FML.

I'm moving off to something else, damnit.

Back