• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 - Joomla 4.1.4/Plesk Auto Update Installed Joomla 3.10.10

johnmlhll

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.44_build1800220614.18 os_CentOS 7
Hi
I am using my plesk instance for web hosting only and to my great irritation have spent a lot of time upgrading my Plesk version to 18.0.44 and my Joomla upgrade from 3.10.9 to 4.1.4 in preparation for my self-employed contracting launch. I thought the auto updates on Plesk were for plesk modules but missed the 3rd party installs which saw plesks 3.x upgraded to v.3.10.10 overnight and as my actual joomla instance was upgraded to 4.1.4 and then 4.1.5, the plesk upgrade overrode my work earlier in the week and now I cannot access subdomain pages (no living in cache).
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Plesk 360 seems to be trying to sell me stuff. How do I open a support case as I have an active licence for this?

Never mind folks, I found the auto update of the app on my server flag set to on after an upgrade and it upgraded a v3.10.10 trashing the v4.1.5 upgrade I set up a few days ago. I turned that flag off in Applications and restored my Joomla instance via Akeeba kickstart after a multi-log review confirming it was not indeed a security incident but a case of an auto update on Plesk application auto updating to v3.10.10 and it piled those files into and over my file/folder structure for v4.1.5. I deleted httpsdoc/ content only and restored it successfully.

Plesk admins, can you pass back a development request to your folks to ensure auto update even if set to 'On' in 'Applications' does NOT auto update, but sends an email to the admin confirming the auto update can proceed. The rate of the upgrade by Plesk v rate of the upgrade by Joomla is stark also getting caught out with broken sites can be avoided by a confirmation email to run the upgrade. Also, the upgrade just pilled files in over the existing site, there could be better workflow management with backwards compatibility pre flight checks based on the content of httpdocs e.g. php.ini/.htaccess, etc and then a run a smooth backwards flow. For example, templates for Joomla 4 did not have the Joomla 3 beez/etc templates and they were added. The mix and match of versions broke my site and DR recovery was the only fix, if it was correctly backdated to 3.10.10 and tables updated on DB to said version from 4.1.5, it would have been a matter of leaving the update rollback to a prior version or upgrading via automated workflow once more.

Back