• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk Obsidian - how to switch notifications back to plain text

gregconway

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

With the recent upgrade to Obsidian it seems all notifications are html not plain text.

Is there any way to switch them back to plain text?

Thanks!

Greg.

Hi Greg!

This option can be disabled in panel.ini:

[notification]
htmlEmail = off

Could you please elaborate on your scenarios, why would you prefer to keep plain text messages?

Thank you!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your response!

I found a sample file here -

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini.sample

So I assume I just copy this to panel.ini in the same location, add the notifications section and restart psa?
That's what I've done anyway.... now waiting for the next notification to arrive to see if it worked! :)

To explain why I need this - Emails from our plesk servers feed directly into our custom task management system, so as things stand I can't read the message from there as it's hidden within a stack of html formatting. I have to go hunting for the original email to see what it actually says.

Anyway hopefully that will solve my issue. I will update as soon as I know either way!

Thanks,

Greg.

Sure, no problem!

Actually, should work even without a restart. Here's a guide on using panel.ini, just in case: Panel.ini Configuration File.

Thanks for describing the scenario, I did think it was due to some automation processes. I hope this works well for you. By the way, we will continue improving on the notifications, so if you have any other notification-related questions or suggestions or requests, do not hesitate to let us know here or on our UserVoice page.

Cheers!

Alex

Back