• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Obsidian no longer has subscriptions and plans - how to limit resources

theywill

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.23_build1800200206.14 os_CentOS 7

I recently upgraded from Plesk Onyx to Obsidian. Obsidian has apparently done away with service plans and those limits on subscriptions. However, I see in the documentation that there's at least a way to limit bandwidth. I'm hoping there's a way to limit other hosting features/parameters as well.

In the documentation is states: "Note: This command is available only if your hosting provider has turned on the support for bandwidth limiting. "

Can you someone point me in the right direction for turning on these limits and where I can make these adjustments.

Best regards,
James

Why do you think that "Obsidian has apparently done away with service plans and those limits on subscriptions"? Have you read this documentation about resources? Resources

I guess because there's no place to find these anywhere in my panel. I've searched and searched. I've looked through he documentation and that didn't help. I've been using Plesk forever. Normally I can simply poke around to figure things out. There's nothing on the left menu about service plans, subscriptions, or subscribers. Under users there are none of the previously existing accounts that managed multiple subscriptions, etc. There's nothing on the Tools & Settings page about plans or subscriptions.

If you have some help to provide, it would be much appreciated. I'd like to be able to limit and manage resource usage again.

Thank you.

It seems to me that you have Web Admin Plesk Edition where Service Provider Management is disabled Plesk Editions
You have to change your license if you need subscriptions/service plans/resources management with corresponding Plesk Edition.

Wow. Thank you, Igor, for this clarification. It seems the server provider bumbled this when provisioning my replacement server. If I get them to provide a new license key, will I be able to access these features without having to re-migrate the sites (and configure everything again)?

Back