• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Obsidian - Spamassassin not avaible in the webgui.

keepit

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.49 #2
hello,

i can check spamassasin configuration.
the service is running, but i cant find it on webgui. i cant see it not under "domain > email" and not under "Tools & Settings > Spam Filter "

over "plesk bin spamassassin ..." i can activate it manuelly pro mail address.

but i want to activate the service on all email address. how can i do that.
and more important is of course that the configuration appears in the plesk webgui. how can see or activate the see that? i am login as admin/root.

Do you have the Plesk Email Security extension installed on your server? If you use the Plesk Email Security extension you manage the spam setting via the extension (which removes the Tools & Settings > Spam Filter option).

Last edited:
do i necessarily need the "plesk email security extension" for this?

if it was the paid extension and i remember correctly.
i used to use this module on my old server because i wanted a virus scanner. however, it devalued the email deliverability and i couldn't get a handle on it. that's why i don't currently have it installed.

I remember that there used to be a setting option without this extension or?

i also find the extension too expensive, especially since there are many providers that include a virus scanner "clamav" without charging for it.

By default there should be a Spam Filter settings link on the Tools & Settings page to manage spam filter settings. However the Plesk email security extension removes the Spam Filter settings link from the Tools & Settings page. Since you mentioned the Spam Filter settings link isn't available to you on the Tools & Settings page I thought it best to ask if you had the extension installed. Which could be an explanation to why the Spam Filter settings link isn't shown. If you don't have the Plesk email security extension installed this obviously does not apply to you.

Another reason that the Spam Filter settings link doesn't show on the Tools & Settings page could be that you're accessing Plesk in Restricted Mode. In which case go to Tools & Settings > Restricted Mode Settings and see if the Spam filter settings checkbox in unchecked.

Edit: it's also worth (double) checking if the Plesk SpamAssassin component is actually installed. Go to Tools & Settings > Updates (opens a new window) and check if SpamAssassin is installed as a component.

Last edited:
Yes, the Spamassassin service can be found in the update and works fine even with the email addresses I activate manually.

okey the option "Activate restricted mode" I did not know yet. thanks for the tip.
but unfortunately this option is not activated either, so all settings for spamassassin should be shown in the webgui.

I can see a link button under "tools & settings" -> "email security". when I click on it, it tells me to install the service first. but I don't want to do that.

the assumption that the button is no longer there because of "Plesk Email Security extension " I would feel very likely.

I had installed the service on my previous server as already mentioned, but did not uninstall it before migrating to the new server.

so probably the old configuration from the old server is still hiding these options.

Is there any other way to show the option again?
Maybe you also have a guess which configuration file I would have to adjust and fix if I can't spot any wrong setting in the webgui.

You could check your extensions whether email security is installed and uninstall it there. You could also install it, then uninstall it right away. Maybe that helps.

thx @Kaspar and @Peter Debik ..
now after install and uninstall i have the buttons in the webgui from plesk! Perfect.
one question more about callbration from mailservers.
1. for incoming mails is it possible
if SPF check is not pass, can i mark the mail as spam?
2. is it possible to expand the mail as with title **spam** and additionally move it to the folder "spam" ?

Back