• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk on CentOs 9 Stream

Ah well I guess this answers that question!

Screenshot_1.jpg

Anyone know when/if CentOs 9 Stream will be supported?

If I recall correctly, CentOS 8 (non-stream) used to be supported but it became EOL either last year or the year before, can't remember.

The CentOS Stream lineup would probably never be supported if I'm honest since the nature of it is to always be up to date which can break things.

This is why when spinning up a new server and planning on using a specific application that you review the requirements guide for list of supported operating systems lol.

But yes, converting from CentOS Stream to AlmaLinux would be the better choice if you're already using the server for other uses. If you're not, I'd just just nuke it and redeploy AlmaLinux 8 (if you want all the features available including PHP versions 7.3 and older) or AlmaLinux 9.

Certainly, if I remember correctly, CentOS 8 (non-stream) was supported but reached its end of life either last year or the year before. The CentOS Stream version, being continually updated, may not receive support, potentially leading to compatibility issues. Consequently, it's advisable to consult the application's requirements guide when setting up a new server to ensure compatibility with the operating system.

Considering this, transitioning from CentOS Stream to AlmaLinux appears to be a more viable option, particularly if the server is already in use for other purposes. However, if it's not being utilized yet, it might be more efficient to start fresh and deploy either AlmaLinux 8, which includes features like PHP versions 7.3 and older, or AlmaLinux 9.

Back