• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PLESK on Clustered Web Servers

C

Craig Moores

Hi All,

We currently host PLESK V8.2.1 on a Linux webserver. We are now looking to move our hosting to a new Clustered MS Windows Server 2003 environment.

Can someone please point me in the direction of some information that would help with Clustering a PLESK installation?

What we propose:

2x Web Servers both running Apache and SQL. One instance will be running on each webserver and the other will kick in if needed as a failsafe of one server becoming unavailable. SQL will be clustered across the two boxes and all data will be stored on an independant disk array of shared storage.

Now, I want to install PLESK clustered across the two webservers so that if one were to die, the other would take over.

Can anyone provide some more information for me?

Thanks

Craig Moores.

Babcock SGI.

anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong but as far as i'm aware this is not possible without a physical load balancer. True clustering requires 5 machines alone just for database.

What your talking about is a DR plan for redundancy right?

Back