• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Onxy with CentOS 7.3 - restore backup permission denied errors

ESTUGO

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

for your information:

The permissions for "/var/lib/psa/dumps/domains" are too low in CentOS 7.3.

Backup restore in Plesk Onxy with CentOS 7.3 impossible:

Warning: Restore hosting "*************"
Can not deploy content of domain *************Warning:
Archive error: from /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/*************/domains/*************/backup_user-data_1701271127.tgz to /var/www/vhosts/*************e: tar (child): /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/*************/domains/*************/backup_user-data_1701271127.tgz: Cannot open: Permission denied tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting nowWarning: Restore hosting "*************"
Can not deploy content of domain *************Warning:
Archive error: from /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/*************/domains/*************/backup_apache-files_1701271127.tgz to /var/www/vhosts/*************: tar (child): /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/*************/domains/*************/backup_apache-files_1701271127.tgz: Cannot open: Permission denied tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

CentOS 7.3 after upgrade from Plesk 12.5 to 17:
#: drwxr-x--- 2 root root 4096 Sep 28 02:18 /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/

CentOS 6.8 after upgrade from Plesk 12.5 to 17:
#: drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 18 2016 /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/

Solution:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213958765

Please fixed this error in a next microupdate.

I can confirm the missing anonymous-permissions on an upgrade installation, same setting (CentOS 7.3 after upgrade from 12.5 to 17).

A fresh installation of Onyx on CentOS 7.3 did not show this issue.

Hello. Could you please, send me more information, because I investigated your problem and I have such results:
By default everything is fine.
I tried to create clients, subscription, backup them, make subscription level backup and server level on Plesk 12.5 and then I made upgrade operation.
Also I tried to perform upgrade action of empty server.
And in both cases permissions were OK. Backup and restore works fine.
Could you tell me, maybe your Plesk 12.5 was upgraded from the older version too (you may look it at database in psa.upgrade_history table)? Or maybe some values in configs were changed? Also could you send me archive with logs from the folder /var/log/plesk/install/ and /var/log/plesk/PMM/ in private message?

Back