• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Onyx 17.5 Downgrading MySQL5.7 to MySQL5.6

eocookie

New Pleskian
Hi,
till now theres no solution to other forum-questions (e.g. https://talk.plesk.com/threads/how-downgrade-mysql-5-7-to-mysql-5-6.342941/)

I've upgraded a few servers automatically from 12.5 to 17.5. But there are a few apps, like Confluence, that do not work with MySQL 5.7. Changing the sql-mode in my.cnf has no effect.

Does anyone know a way how to downgrade Mysql in Plesk according to all Plesk 17.5 dependencies and needs?

PS: Another alternative could be to use a docker image (newbie) or to setup postgres (mysqldump converting is a mess) or installing a second mysql-server on another port (how could this work)?

Thanks.

I see such a downgrade scenario very painful and full of unforeseen unpleasant consequences.
Adding additional external database server would be better solution - Tools&Settings->Database Servers->Add Database Server

Back