• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk Onyx - Cannot load shared libraries

Ian Collier

New Pleskian
Having just upgraded our server from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS and from Plesk 12.5 to Onyx.

However I cannot get Plesk to start. When I go to https://xxxxxx.com:8443 I get the 502 Bad Gateway error with the word 'nginx'.

I have discovered that the sw-engine service was not running. When I try to start it ('# service sw-engine start') I get '[FAIL]'.

When I try to repair plesk ('# plesk repair all') I get the following error:

'/usr/bin/sw-engine: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_filesystem-plesk.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

Anyone any idea how I can solve this?

May thanks

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I did.

I ran the present update script as suggested, then did Ubuntu's do-release-upgrade. That was all fine, it was the post update script that caused the issue, which also broke Apache, which I have now fixed.

Hi Ian Collier,

pls. make sure, that your sources.list is now up-to-date for Ubuntu 14.04 ( trusty ) and doesn't contain any 12.04 ( precise ) sources.
Afterwards, pls. make sure, that all Ubuntu 14.04 - packages are up-to-date and don't need additional updates/upgrades ( aptitude upgrade ).

Pls. be sure, that you added some own, additional sources.list for Plesk, as suggested at: => #9

Repeat the aptitude upgrade - command, after you added sources:
Code:
apt-get clean
apt-get update
aptitude upgrade

Afterwards, pls. use the commands:
Code:
plesk repair installation -y -v
Code:
plesk repair all -y -v
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

... and pls. report back with the corresponding "installer" and "repair" - logs from "/var/log/plesk", if you still experience issues/errors/problems. :)

Hi - this is sorted now, our Server Provider rebuilt our server for us with Ubuntu 14.04 and Plesk Onyx.

Thanks for your help.

Back