• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx - Cannot load shared libraries

Ian Collier

New Pleskian
Having just upgraded our server from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS and from Plesk 12.5 to Onyx.

However I cannot get Plesk to start. When I go to https://xxxxxx.com:8443 I get the 502 Bad Gateway error with the word 'nginx'.

I have discovered that the sw-engine service was not running. When I try to start it ('# service sw-engine start') I get '[FAIL]'.

When I try to repair plesk ('# plesk repair all') I get the following error:

'/usr/bin/sw-engine: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_filesystem-plesk.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

Anyone any idea how I can solve this?

May thanks

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I did.

I ran the present update script as suggested, then did Ubuntu's do-release-upgrade. That was all fine, it was the post update script that caused the issue, which also broke Apache, which I have now fixed.

Hi Ian Collier,

pls. make sure, that your sources.list is now up-to-date for Ubuntu 14.04 ( trusty ) and doesn't contain any 12.04 ( precise ) sources.
Afterwards, pls. make sure, that all Ubuntu 14.04 - packages are up-to-date and don't need additional updates/upgrades ( aptitude upgrade ).

Pls. be sure, that you added some own, additional sources.list for Plesk, as suggested at: => #9

Repeat the aptitude upgrade - command, after you added sources:
Code:
apt-get clean
apt-get update
aptitude upgrade

Afterwards, pls. use the commands:
Code:
plesk repair installation -y -v
Code:
plesk repair all -y -v
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

... and pls. report back with the corresponding "installer" and "repair" - logs from "/var/log/plesk", if you still experience issues/errors/problems. :)

Hi - this is sorted now, our Server Provider rebuilt our server for us with Ubuntu 14.04 and Plesk Onyx.

Thanks for your help.

Back