• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Onyx & CentOS - Meltdown and Spectre security update

durian808

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am attempting to update CentOS 7 to the current version, in order to install the kernel security patch.

My Plesk Onyx version is: 17.0.17 Update #42, last updated on Dec 27, 2017 03:21 AM

If I start the CentOS update from the shell, yum reports that kernel.x86_64 0:3.10.0-693.11.6.el7 will be installed. (I have not proceeded with this.)

3.10.0-693.11.6.el7 is the latest kernel, updated on Jan. 4, which contains the security patches:
Index of /c7.1708.u.x86_64/kernel/20180104010318

See also: [CentOS-announce] CESA-2018:0007 Important CentOS 7 kernel Security Update

However, if I look at the system updates in Plesk, "All Packages", it reports that kernel 3.10.0-123.el7 (anaconda) is installed and up-to-date. It does this even after I click Check for Updates.

Please advise how to proceed.

thanks,
JC

Don't look at the plesk package description.

SSH into the server and look at "uname -a" to see which version you are running. I just ran the manual update itself and installed the new kernel. No problems so far. After reboot "uname -a" showed the correct new version number.

Hi IgorG,

after I run " yum update". I don't see any package for update kernel. what should I do?

Regards,
Trung Ma

Attachments

• update-centos.PNG
    update-centos.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 8
This means that you have installed all latest updates from your enabled repository.

Thank IgorG, but I don't see any change from kernel version after reboot server, I try to verify protection and don't see any result.
I'm using Plesk on container Virtuozzo.

Attachments

• Plesk-version.PNG
    Plesk-version.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 4
Back