• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk (Onyx) Mass Password Reset Script

Darren wise

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have been testing the Plesk mass email password reset script from this KB

https://kb.plesk.com/en/113391

I have found this does not work for Plesk Onyx, I work for a large hosting company and we need to use this script often.

Is there any way you can provide me with an updated and working version of the script that works for Plesk Onyx, It would be very helpful.

If this is not the method used for Plesk onyx to do a mass password reset , please provide the steps so we can make this happen if needed.

I appreciate your quick response, I can be reached at [email protected] or in this forum

Thanks in advance.

Darren Wise
Liquidweb.com

Hello,

Just a bit more information. I am seeing the following error when running the current script.

"%plesk_dir%\admin\bin\php.exe" -dauto_prepend_file= plesk_password_changer.php xxxxxx xxxxxx --admin

[2016-12-09 09:51:47][INFO] ==> Installed Plesk version/build: 17.0.17 Windows 2
008/2012 20161027.18
[2016-12-09 09:51:47][FATAL_ERROR] Unable to find Plesk 8.x, Plesk 9.x, Plesk 10
.x or Plesk 12.x. Tool must be launched prior to upgrade to Parallels Panel 12.0
.18 for the purpose of getting a report on potential problems with the upgrade.

I ran script this in PHP 5.2 I attached the script I was using from the Kb article for your convenience.

Attachments

• plesk_password_changer.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi Darren wise,

all Plesk Knowledge - Base articles state clearly right under the title of the depending article, for WHICH Plesk version and operating system(s) the article has been written for.

In your case, the KB - article 113391 has been updated lately ( "last review on Dez 10, 2016" ), so it's most likely, that the attachment has been replaced, or a new one has been added, or/and additional informations have been added. Pls. download again the current attachment and retry the corresponding, described steps. :)
Pls. report ( possible ) errors/issues/problems, so that we might investigate the error/issue/problem together with you.

Attachments

• plesk_password_changer_onyx.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
Thank you, due to the fact we needed the script Asap, I opened a Plesk support ticket through work which intern fixed the script and updated the KB on December 10th, I appreciate your help none the less as always you guys at Odin are Great!!!

Just fyi

Actually the script was not entirely fixed we here at Liquidweb have corrected this issue.

On the line 721 of the script needed to be changed from (mail.userId = 0 OR mail.userId = NULL) needs to be changed to (mail.userId = 0 OR mail.userId is null) if this is not changed there is no output. Once the change was made it worked as expected. I am showing the script in the Kb still contains this error , so you may want to update the script for the Kb as it appears you still have the none working one there. I uploaded the working one here.

Attachments

• plesk_password_changer_onyx.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 4
Back