• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk onyx slow on Windows Server 2016

exxis

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

currently iam using Plesk onyx 17.0.17 and the web pro edition.
i recently added to my existing Linux root server a windows server 2016 for testing purposes.
i7-3770, 32GB DDR3 RAM and 4TB HDD.

What is weird and you can test it yourself (quarktash.de) is that the loading times of the Website are unusual long, if you browse the website or click on a menu it has around 10 seconds loading time. In the plesk backend it has the same issiue but its a little bit faster.

Interesting in this case is that i run a Farming Simulator 17 Server and the Dedicated server has some build in webpage/admin backend which is fast or better, like expected http://144.76.28.9:8080/index.html

So do i have to tweak something so that plesk becomes faster or what can cause the issiue?

greets

exxis

We've noticed some issues with Windows Defender service on Windows Server 2016.

Just as experiment can you please try to disable Realtime Protection in Windows Defender?
This can be done using PowerShell:
Code:
Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $True

Then try to test how server is working.
and later you can enable it back using:
Code:
Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $False

Hello there,

I have the same issue, only with Plesk Obsidian (Version 18.0.38 Update #3) and Windows Server 2019. When I disable Windows Defender everything runs pretty snappy, but when real time monitoring is on, it's all quite sluggish. Plesk doesn't become unusably slow, but pretty darn slow.

Is there any solution to this issue yet? In a different post on this Forum, I saw the only solution was to disable Windows Defender until there is an update for Plesk (this was a post from over a year ago), but that does not seem like a very good idea to me. So any developments on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, regs,
Andor

Back