• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Onyx Smarthost / SMTP Relay Config

Sally1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

i use a private vpn service to route all my internet traffic over it. I get problems, with my mail accounts like Gmail, Outlook, GMX when sending from Mac Mail.

When i try to verify i get the message:

The Server response was unknown ( 46.x.x.x ) Client Host rejected: Access denied

I was wondering how can i configure in plesk centos my postfix mail server as smarthost / relay for all my mail accounts?

Do i have to whitelist the External VPN IP, what is the best (most secure) way to do this?

I use Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 with Centos 6.9.

I have installed Postfix and IMAP/POP3 Server is Dovecot

Enable SMTP service on Port 587 on all IP addresses is marked.

Outgoing mail mode:

Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting

Relay Options:

Authorization is required for SMTP

Thanks a Lot!

best Regards

Hi Sally1,
Check SPF and DKIM settings

Shows the output of the logs

Perform a test on this page to see what problems your email server has

Hello Garcue,

thanks for the information. I checked, and the problems seems to be here:

Reverse DNS lookup or reverse DNS resolution (rDNS) is the determination of a domain name that is associated with a given IP address.
Some companies such as AOL will reject any message sent from a server without rDNS, so you must ensure that you have one.
You cannot associate more than one domain name with a single IP address.

Your IP address 82.x.x.x is associated with the domain s18xxxxxx.onlinehome-server.info.
Nevertheless your message appears to be sent from domain.com.

You may want to publish a pointer (PTR type) DNS record with a value of domain.com or use s18xxxxxx.onlinehome-server.info as hostname in your mail software

Here are the tested values for this check:

· IP: 82.x.x.x

· HELO: domain.com

· rDNS: s18xxxxxx.onlinehome-server.info

I have in cloudflare the following settings:

domain.com

v=spf1 +a +mx +a:s18xxxxxx.onlinehome-server.info ip4:82.x.x.x include:servers.mcsv.net -all

default._domainkey

v=DKIM1; p=MIGfMA0GXXXX

_dmarc

v=DMARC1; p=none

When I use hostname s18xxxxxx.onlinehome-server.info in my mail Client I get the message unable to verify account, the certificate of the server is invalid

When I use as hostname mail.domain.com I can verify.

Should in the SPF Record be the Hostname s18xxxxxx.onlinehome-server.info or the Hostname mail.domain.com?

Thx
Salli

Okay, start by generating a "PTR" pointer in your DNS so that the domain is resolved if you ask for ip

Hi Garcue,

thanks, will update the PRT Record. What do I have then to do then that the Postfix Mailserver forward Relay all my Mail?

Thx
Sallida

Hello again Sally1,

Are you referring to what you have to do to be forwarded the mails that were not sent at the time?

Hello Garcure,

I refer to my Mail Accounts like Gmail, how I can relay them with my Mail Server.

Thx
Sallida

Are you still unable to receive mails sent from gmail accounts? What do the log files say?

Back