• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PLESK ONYX Ubuntu 16 with Alibaba

Ratheesh R

New Pleskian
My Domains are registered with Godaddy and I have setup the name server in Godaddy (ns7.alidns.com, ns8.alidns.com)

I have created the domain (mage5.com) in my Plesk control panel and I am not able to make my domains load on the browser, says IP address could't found .

My plesk IP address is 47.74.158.219 and http://47.74.158.219/ is not loading as well.

Can someone suggests some hints ?

Thanks in advance

You domain mage5.com is not resolvable on 47.74.158.219 IP address. Please check it with command

# host mage5.com

So, contact alidns for this issue or check your DNS settings on their side. It is not Plesk related issue.

Yes I have made this working, Now I am facing a different issue

I have setup number of PHP apps and node js apps

The programme is not sending emails.

Also wanted to know how do I setup IMAP/pop3 email accounts. and I dont want to use Alibaba's Direct mail as it support only 5 domains

Last edited:
I got reply

Native Port 25 cannot be unblocked. It is recommended that you try using an external mail service provider's encrypted Port 465, or check to see if you are using another SMTP port to send mail. If you are using AliMail Enterprise Edition or DirectMail allowing you to send mail via Ports 80 and 465, please change Port 25 to 80.

and I used 465 in smtp_port in my php.ini

Still not working

Are you using Windows? smtp_port in php.ini is only used under Windows.

You need outgoing Port 25 open. To be able to send email, you need to apply for allowing outbound connections on TCP port 25. If they are saying it cannot be unblocked, then that goes completely against there own support article. You'll have to then relay mail using a third party service.

I am using Ubuntu 16 server. So whats the port number for Ubuntu/Linux machines for SMTP port

Can you suggest a Cloud based Hosting which support Plesk ONYX with same monthly cost as Alibaba/Google cloud/AWS

You do need to ask them to unblock Port 25 though but they will do it quickly.

Emails from http://webmail.domain.com/roundcube are going to Spam
Also would like to know how to setup emails with outlook ?
We had setup emails using hostgator( shared plan) using mail.domain.com as incoming/outgoing server

With our new platform don't know how to setup emails using outlook, mail.domain.com is not recognizing

Thanks in advance

Back