• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk outgoing emails show local device & ISP Public ip in email header

DONLEE100

New Pleskian
hi,

i've setup a mail server, but having issues with outgoing mails.

I noticed plesk adds local device name and public IP used for sending email. (see screenshot, 1st hop. Officedonpc is my pc name and next to it is my ISP public ip hidden)
The problem is, loads of these ISP public ips are blacklisted in spamhaus, i've tested my home /work ip, mobile cellular ip, they're all blacklisted causing outgoing emails not to be delivered! There's no problem with the actual mail server ip - that's clean.

How to overcome this issue please?

Attachments

• email header.png
    email header.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
RBL lists are for checking an IP on connect so the receiving server can reject the mail before the delivering server even sends any of it, including the header which contains the Received: lines of previous computers in the chain.
Dynamic IPs are on the DUL blocking list so they can't directly send mail anywhere but need to go through a server that is not on dialup. And any server that accepts and passes on unauthenticated messages from dialups will itself soon land on a RBL list, ORBS in that case. The spammers ruined that for everyone.

So if your mails aren't delivered, there must be another reason. Missing/wrong SPF, DMARC or DKIM, maybe? Did you ever get a bounce that explicitly stated an RBL entry as reason for rejection?

I would get a bounce email everytime when sending mail to hotmail, live due to ISP on blacklist, also possibly plesk.page causing it.

So I did this >
In /etc/postfix/main.cf put something like this:

smtp_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
with /etc/postfix/header_checks having the following content:

/^Received:.*with ESMTPSA/ IGNORE
/^X-Originating-IP:/ IGNORE

And on server-wide mail settings
i set outgoing mail mode to Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting

Now email are successfully sent to hotmail, gmail, live, 365.

The header looks like this (attached)

what do you think of this setup?
Is the change in postfix likely get overwritten by plesk upgrade?

Thanks
Daniel

Attachments

• email header after changes.png
    email header after changes.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 5
Back