• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk panel admin: Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed.

Luiz_Gustavo

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Today a customer try to access his plesk control panel 12.5 version and this erros appears after login:

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

I try to find a solution, but do not find nothing. Could anybody help ?
Nothing was modified at this system.

Thanks,

Luiz

@Gustavo_Morgado

I suggest that you start with the command plesk sbin autoinstaller from a SSH command line, in order to install all proper packages, updates thereof AND all patches.

If that does not help, run the command plesk repair all -n afterwards: this is a dry run, giving you an indication what happens if you would repair the installation.

If you would ask me, either one of the following cases is causing the root cause of the problem: improper update/installation of patches in the (recent) past OR your customer did something that messed up the setup.

However, there is too little information to make an educated guess between "IonCube loader is not installed or is removed" or "IonCube loader is installed but not activated".

It is very likely that either one of the cases is causing your issue, but I can be mistaken.

Regards........

My system is Windows.

At this time I am trying to upgrade to 17.5 (stable) version, I use the Plesk Installer file to access the installation.
Fingers crossed !

After upgrade from 12.5 to 17.5 the Plesk panel Admin raised from the ashes!

I really never saw this error before, well, If someone experience it in Widows 12.5 version, upgrade and be happy.

Thanks Trialotto, for your help.

Since this server is almost not used, has only 5 small sites, and the customer do not have access to RDP, I suspect that the issue was caused by a incomplete micro update ou crash during update or also a Windows update that brakes something. Who knows! :(

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

Today a customer try to access his plesk control panel 12.5 version and this erros appears after login:

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

I try to find a solution, but do not find nothing. Could anybody help ?
Nothing was modified at this system.

Thanks,

Luiz

@Gustavo_Morgado

This statement

I really never saw ..... in Widows 12.5 version, upgrade and be happy.

..............was that "Widows" a Freudian typo? ;):D

Would not be the first time that Windows machines or Windows Server cause a heart-attack for the sysadmin.

By the way, I would not recommend to host 5 small sites on a Windows based system: just use a cheap Linux VPS or a cloud based (Linux) server.

Kind regards........

Back