• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Panel Connection Error for apsc user

S

StuartRiches

I have recently upgraded to Plesk 11, all went OK until I just tried installing SpamAssassin. Now I receive the following errors when trying to log into Plesk

Navigation Bar Errors:
ERROR: Exception
[unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Exception
[unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

0: aps_php.php:8075
aps_controller_registry_getpackage(resource, string 'ddf4ecd6-c075-4f43-95aa-28ee790e8e53')
1: aps_php.php:8075
APS_Controller_Registry->getPackage(string 'ddf4ecd6-c075-4f43-95aa-28ee790e8e53')
2: Config.php:21
HelpDesk_Config::getHelpDeskInstances()
3: NavigationContext.php:342
NavigationContext->_fetchHelpDeskSectionNodes(object of type UserAdmin)
4: NavigationContext.php:196
NavigationContext->fetchCustomButtonsSectionNodes(object of type UserAdmin)
5: NavigationContext.php:70
NavigationContext->fetchSection(object of type UserAdmin, string 'custom_buttons', array)
6: NavigationContext.php:402
NavigationContext->get(object of type UserAdmin)
7: Navigation.php:557
Navigation->getContextMenu(object of type UserAdmin, object of type Skin)
8: left.php3:4

Main Panel Errors:
Error
Internal error: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Message [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
File aps_php.php
Line 8075
Type Exception

I have tried following the following thread:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=258935 as well as the password details from the bottom of http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260538

My output for the psa.misc and mysql.user tables shows the following

mysql> select * from psa.misc where param like "%aps%";
+----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| param | val |
+----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| aps_database | apsc |
| aps_host | localhost |
| aps_login | apsc |
| aps_password | $AES-128-CBC$qFW/4b9bM9K6n8JFWiBNbg==$0x7eZrYLNHaPch/FjstjFQ== |
| aps_port | 3306 |
| aps_secure_passwords | true |

mysql> select user, password from user where user = 'apsc';
+------+-------------------------------------------+
| user | password |
| apsc | *E0E8E7067AD501AA6A813CEF7ABF8229F9B4DA39 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Given that the password is AES encrypted how do I run (assuming I should) the following suggested in the other thread?

mysql> update mysql.user set password=PASSWORD('t*********P') where User='apsc';

Thanks

When you have tried the above and it has failed, then you give a short to this:

mysql> update mysql.user set `password`=PASSWORD('t*********P'), `aps_secure_passwords `="false" where User='apsc';

Back