• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk panel not working ipv6 issues

Winnstorm

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

After I've enabled static ip address on eth0 (and disabled IPV6 on boot on that network file) plesk is still listening to IPv6 ports and nginx for example and all plesk services cannot start since they are failing with these errors:

nginx: [emerg] socket() [::]:8443 failed (97: Address family not supported by protocol)

If I do a kernel disable ipv6 I receive the following errors (no ipv6 folder found)
sysctl -p
sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6: No such file or directory
sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/default/disable_ipv6: No such file or directory
sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/ip_nonlocal_bind: No such file or directory

How can I solve this? I tried several things without any luck, for example to make mysql work I've to manually bind ipv4 address, I dont know why centos is trying to listen to ipv6.

Thanks
Best regards

Have you already told Plesk to read the currently available IP addresses?
# plesk bin ipmanage --reread

Back