• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Panel not working on IPv6?

Compi

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello!
My Plesk panel does not work with IPv6.
This is what happens when a AAAA Record exists:
Screenshot (4).png
Without the IPv6 Record, so IPv4 it works:
Screenshot (3).png

IPv6 is enabled on the server and websites are also being served over it.
How can I fix this?

Hey, yes I did follow all the steps. As I said IPv6 has been enabled on this server for a long time and I do successfully serve those over IPv6. Just the Plesk Panel isn't doing as it should.

hmm... I've just tried and I haven't had any issues. Is the IP address marked as being shared instead of Dedicated and is it assigned to the main domain?

Under Domains > domain.tld > Hosting & DNS > Web Hosting Access, you want to make sure an IPv6 address is selected.

And having it marked as dedicated is fine if you're only going to be using it on one domain or if you have multiple IPs, otherwise if you're planning on using it on multiple domains and that's the only IPv6 address you have, you might want to mark it as shared.

I have that. As I said, my websites get served over IPv6 just fine. Just the Plesk Panel does not work when I accessed over IPv6.

Eh, weird, cause it works just fine for me over IPv6, the only difference is that I have my IPv6 IP address marked as shared and is assigned to my main domain, but able to access the panel just fine over it. Maybe try marking the IPv6 address as shared?

I think I see now what the issue was. I had to access the panel via :8443.
Never had to do that via IPv4...

Although this has been marked as resolved now, can someone please confirm my above statement?

Thanks and have a great easter

@Compi it is really hard to say, because we'd need to see the full picture of your configuration. Plesk port 8443 is the "normal" way to address the Plesk web server by which you can access the GUI. However, if you have set Tools & Settings > General Settings > Customize Plesk URL, you can also open the GUI using the customized domain.

Yeah it's like what Peter said, we basically need to see the full picture with how everything is configured. As I said I am not having the issue myself as seen in this screenshot:

raw

Back