• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk panel running out of hard drive space

M

mike manns

My company has a redhat el 2.4 server with plesk 8.6.0 we currently have about 2 gb left of storage.
This server was setup before my time here with this company.
The server is setup with a 35gb hd and a 17 gb hd in a hardware raid0
First and foremost I'm wondering If i can delete the contents of /root/psa to free up some space without causing any problems.

Secondly I'm overwhelmed by where to start as far as making a plan to somehow add storage to said server.
The server doesn't have any usb ports so, no external hd's aren't a option. The 2 hard drives running in raid0 are scsi and seem to be mounted in hot swappable hd cages on front of the server case.
Obviously hot swappable installation is pointless using a raid0 but I digress.

I need to figure out quickly a way to either free up some hard drive space or come up with a plan to minimize downtime while either installing new hard drives to existing server, or building up a new server and trying to transfer what I can over.
The existing server's sole purpose is running plesk email/dns webhosting we do have other dns entries in bind since we're an isp.
Please anyone that can help me in this situation I would greatly appreciate it.

try to delete the contents of /var/lib/psa/dumps/, when left unattended sometimes gigabytes of unused data will stay there.. cheers.

Back