• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk, Parallel, Odin? what is it?

Jim

Basic Pleskian
I am new to Plesk, I mean I have been using Cpanel for nearly 10 years and back then when I decided to go with Cpanel, Plesk was part of the Plesk Inc.
Obviously it has changed a lot since then, but I am really confused about the company name. Even Wikipedia's explanation is too complicated :)
Here is a paragraph from Wikipedia :
Originally released under the U.S. company Plesk Inc. and designed in Novosibirsk, Russia, Plesk was acquired by SWSoft in July 2003. SWSoft renamed themselves under the Parallels name (a brand which had been acquired by SWSoft) in 2008
In another page it says :
In March 2015, Parallels moved to two separate brands: its service provider team became Odin, while its cross-platform solutions team continues to use the name Parallels
In the control panel, the logo of "Plesk" is located at top left and logo of "Parallels" is located at right. Yet, I downloaded plesk from Odin website. So if Plesk is handled by Odin, which has all documentation, forum and stuff, why is the logo of Parallel on the control panel?

Current version of Plesk 12.0 was released under Parallels brand. Therefore you see Parallels logo there.
Upcoming version 12.1 will be released under new Odin brand.